Precaliber 20 will have your little rider begging to go out for a pedal on their first real big kid bike. It's a great transition model from training wheels. It has one speed, a coaster brake, and a saddle with an integrated handle that can be swapped out for a light mount. For kids ages 6-8, between 45-52-inches tall.
It's right for you if...
Your kid is ready to leave training wheels behind, and you want to get them a fun, durable, bike that's simple to use. You don't want to settle for a big box brand, because you know the value of a high-quality bike that will keep your kid confident and in control.
The tech you get
A lightweight Alpha Silver Aluminum frame, one speed, and a coaster brake. Plus, a kickstand and a saddle with an integrated handle that can be swapped out for an integrated taillight mount. Everything on this bike is built to last, so it'll still feel like new when handed down to younger siblings.
The final word
This bike is the perfect choice for young riders who want to transition from a little kid bike to a big kid bike, with a simple, quality frame that will keep them upright and smiling while they ride at the park with friends or on the local bike paths with your family.
Why you'll love it
- One speed is all you need—a simple set-up gives kids confidence and helps them stay in control
- Coaster brakes are simple and intuitive for kids to use—they just pedal backwards to stop!
- You can replace the saddle's integrated handle with an integrated light mount to boost visibility on family adventures and solo excursions
- Like all Precaliber bikes, the frame is lower so it's easier for kids to stand over and hop on and off
- You shouldn't buy your kid's bike where you buy your cereal—Unlike big box brands, Trek kids' bikes are assembled by people who know bikes
|Frame||Alpha Silver Aluminum, 20" kids' frame size|
|Fork||Kid's steel fork|
|Headset||Adjustable ball bearing, threadless|
|Rims/Wheels||Alloy 20", 32-hole, Schrader valve|
Front: Steel, 100mm bolt-on
Rear: Coaster brake, 110mm bolt-on
|Spokes||14g stainless steel|
|Tires||Bontrager XR1, wire bead, 27 tpi, 20x2.25"|
|Crankset||Alloy, 120mm length|
|Bottom Bracket||Square taper, 68mm, sealed bearing|
|Handlebars||Steel, 40mm rise|
|Tape/Grips||Kids' grip, 107mm width|
|Stem||Bontrager approved alloy, 25.4mm clamp, 15 degree rise, 60mm|
|Brake Levers||Kids', alloy|
|Pedals||Kids' Satellite, 9/16 thread|
|Saddle||Kids' saddle, large, integrated handle, seat post|
|Accessories & Extras||Kickstand|
* Subject to change without notice.
|Alpine Blue / 20-inch||601842132999||585372||210000014619|
|Trek Black / 20-inch||601842133002||585373||210000011720|